Hardwood floors have become very popular in New Mexico homes. From environmentally-friendly bamboo or cork flooring, to traditional wood floor options, these long-lasting floors make a beautiful choice. Our hardwood floors can be hand-scraped for more texture, or have a higher gloss, so there are lots of choices here at your Albuquerque hardwood store, where we offer 18 months free financing. During your free on-site floor measurement, a consultant from The Floor Store at The Carpet Company will help you determine the amount of hardwood flooring needed to cover your floor, and decide on the best direction you want the wood floors to run.
There are three basic choices to consider in hardwood flooring:
Color: the variety of colors is very broad. Lighter stains are more often thought of as a contemporary look, and darkly stained wood floors give a more traditional or formal feel – but the choice is up to you!
Character: Wood naturally has a distinctive grain to it, dependent on the species of wood. Larger patterns will feel more primitive or rustic while wood without much grain look more modern. The width of the planks also determines the character of your wood floor since wider planks will have fewer seams and more grain pattern.
Construction: Hardwood floors can be either solid wood, made from single planks and likely to last for generations, or engineered wood. Engineered wood floors have a wood “topcoat” over a plywood base. Based on your home’s construction, location or climate, we may recommend one type of hardwood floor versus another for a longer lifespan or durability. Most New Mexico homes install engineered wood floors which are suited to go over concrete slab foundations.
- Armstrong Hardwood American Scrape Hickory Amber Grain Armstrong Hardwood American Scrape Hickory Amber Grain
- Designer Mix Option Old Mill Maple Designer Mix Option Old Mill Maple
- Gemwoods California Classics Del Mar Gemwoods California Classics Del Mar
- Hallmark Hardwoods Chaparral Collection Hallmark Hardwoods Chaparral Collection
- Hallmark Hardwoods Silverado Collection Hallmark Hardwoods Silverado Collection
- Legacy Estate Legacy Estate
- Rideau Plank Maple Syrup Rideau Plank Maple Syrup
- Sadle Maple Sadle Maple
- Shaw Hardwood Brushed Suede Fedora Shaw Hardwood Brushed Suede Fedora
- Shaw Hardwood Brushed Suede Olive Branch Shaw Hardwood Brushed Suede Olive Branch
- Shaw Hardwood Chesapeake American Cherry Natural Shaw Hardwood Chesapeake American Cherry Natural
- Shaw Hardwood Dusk Shaw Hardwood Dusk
- Shaw Hardwood Ironsmith Maple Farrier Shaw Hardwood Ironsmith Maple Farrier
- Shaw Hardwood Pebble Hill Hickory Burnt Barnboard Shaw Hardwood Pebble Hill Hickory Burnt Barnboard
- Shaw Hardwood Pebble Hill Hickory Prairie Dust Shaw Hardwood Pebble Hill Hickory Prairie Dust