Tile is a great flooring option and is one of the most durable and easy-to-clean flooring types. To look their best, tiles floors must be cleaned and maintained periodically. The experts at The Floor Store are here with a few tips to keep your tile and grout sparkling.
- To remove any excess dirt and debris, sweep the tile and grout with a broom. You can also use a vacuum with an attachment to remove debris that will not lift with a broom.
- Clean the tile with a mop. You can use various cleaning solutions, such as diluted dish soap, to heavy-duty tile cleaners.
- Regular mopping will typically keep grout clean, but it’s important to deeply clean it periodically. To do so, put on gloves to apply grout cleaner. Grout cleaner can be store-bought or DIY with baking soda, peroxide, and dish soap. Grout is best cleaned with a toothbrush or harder bristle cleaning brush.
- Rinse and wipe away all products with a sponge, rag, or cloth. To completely ensure that the tiles and grout are free of any leftover cleaning solution, it is advised to mop the floor again when done.
- Let the floor dry for 15-20 minutes, and see the tile and grout sparkle!
Tile in high-traffic areas like the kitchen or bathroom, especially tile with grout, can get pretty dingy. When it comes to efficiently clean floors, the experts at The Floor Store in Albuquerque are always here with great tips and tricks. If you are in the market for new flooring, reach out to us or visit our local showroom.